The Digital Skills Gap is something that will affect every business as we become more and more reliant on technology as part of the core functionality of our working day.
Here in Manchester, we are already experiencing a skills shortage with a third of our region’s digital businesses reported to have turned away work due to a lack of available talent. By 2035, Greater Manchester’s digital and creative sector will require an additional 22,000 roles in order to sustain itself.
my2be is committed to actively developing the region’s talent pipeline. Our platform allows for people to connect with others informally via Virtual Coffee, or more formally through Mentorship, to help people on their journey.
That’s also why we’ve registered to become a Digital Futures Ambassador – so we can join the 250 businesses that are committing to bridging the digital skills gap.
Becoming a Digital Futures Ambassadors means we can support the programme in a number of different ways, including:
- Designing and delivering work that will help bring the curriculum to life
- Providing industry work experience placements and internships for students
- Helping to educating educators and careers advisors on the breadth of roles available
- Contributing resources that will increase awareness and understanding of the industry
- Sharing knowledge through presenting talks, masterclasses and inspiring workshops
If you’d like to get involved, sign up to become a Digital Futures Ambassador and join a network of progressive businesses that are pulling together to help shape a brighter future.